Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Fox and the Hound

Although mentioned in the intro credits, few seem to realize that Disney's production of "The Fox and the Hound" is actually based upon a novel of the same name. The novel is darker than the movie (not surprising), and extends much further into Tod's life, including Tod fathering his kits, until both him and Copper end up shot by Copper's owner. Still, I'd like to see Disney continue with the plot, since their production seems open-ended. Yes, I do realize that Disney made a second movie, but it's more akin to some of their other productions, and in no way a continuation of the first.

I would really like a chance to read the actual book, and have put a hold on it at the local library.


Something I've noticed when I watch the movies from my youth is that my viewpoint is far different. I see things I never did when younger, and they spin interesting new perspective of the happenings in the movies.

No comments: