Friday, May 2, 2008

iPod Video Down

Well, it looks like my iPod Video is dead. It died in even less time than my old 4G iPod did, and the 4G was a refurbished model. Unfortunately, I'll have to send it in and will have to recreate all of the Perl scripts and playlists on it, other than the scripts posted here. I was thinking about backing it up yesterday too, but never got around to it. Oh, the irony. What's really strange is that my 4G iPod did the same thing (very often) before I installed RockBox on it, and the Video does it even with RockBox.

It wouldn't be so bad if my 4G iPod weren't full (it still runs, I know that), and if my iPod Touch would stop corrupting files on transfer (and weren't so small). Hopefully I'll get a replacement soon, if I can't figure out how to awaken it from its death.

Maybe that's Apple's business model: sell things that break often and regularly and make up for it with decent technical support and warranties.

No comments: