Friday, May 30, 2008

Everything Back to Normal

All of the issues from last weekend have been resolved...as of last weekend. I've still been out of it, so this post is late:

  • Paladin: With the PSU replaced, it runs just fine with the 8800 GS, albeit more loudly than before. I finally got around to setting up the 32-bit chroot for compiling libraries needed for 32-bit programs in x86 mode.
  • Blueflash: I can't even remember if I mentioned this, but a world upgrade on Blueflash brought in OpenRC. This caused the init system to fail spectacularly, to the point where I had to start all services manually with an Awk script, and have the system shut down without stopping them. I did ask for help at the Gentoo forums, but ended up just reinstalling the entire system. Thankfully, I keep /home mounted in a separate partition and managed to save nearly all of my settings. The install took 3 days to compile everything, and fixed an issue where my system HW clock woludn't get set on shutdown: it was a kernel config change. Now, it's as though nothing has changed, except everything's up-to-date.

It's good to have things back to normal.

No comments: