Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Way Home

NOTE: The big post is here, but I wanted to gather the tweets and whatnot from after leaving Dublin Airport. There is also an album associated with this part of the trip.

Since my Kindle's batteries continued to be unhelpful, I didn't really have much to do. I did watch Unstoppable for a portion (albeit without headphones, thus silent), and a couple who were heading to a heavy machinery auction let me read some of their auction listings (and gave me one of the booklets).

My layover in this direction was in Philadelphia.

I wanted to just see the downtown a bit, and I certainly did so.

However, I stayed too long and had to get the taxi driver to rush back to the airport. I did make it, but barely in time for boarding. If there had been any crowds, I never would've made it.


I was pretty much unable to use my phone for the rest of the day, so I spent much of the time chatting with an older guy who was heading to an interview with Microsoft. He spent much of his younger adult years playing music while 'stuck' in Greece after running away from everything, and transitioned into media stuff since he had learned to programmed as a child. He was tired of startups and small companies, though.

I did manage to snap a photo of a bicycle locked up at Seatac Airport with my camera while lugging my stuff to the Link station, though..

Lastly, there was my transfer downtown from Link to RapidRide, and I was home.


And the next day, I found the camera charger I thought I had lost…after its intended replacement had arrived. Well, now I have a travel charger!

No comments: