Saturday, April 26, 2008

Linuxfest Northwest!

Icy Tux

I just got back from LinuxFest Northwest today, and boy was it a blast. I took the Pogo Express (this year an articulated Gray Lines bus) to BTC, and even the bus ride was a lot of fun. I've never found myself so social. I attended talks on networking protocols, natural language processing, and Jabber. For the last session, I even got to explore the OLPC XO-1 with friends, using its mesh networking features.

Icy Tux

While there, I also picked up large amounts of mainly free things, but a few things that cost money. For $30, I also bought this at a used parts section of the meet, and it looks like it turns on, but I can't do much with this until I get the proper adapters.

I can say I had fun, and I can't wait until next year.

No comments: