Friday, November 23, 2012

Facebook Over the Years

After downloading my Facebook data and feeding it into a Twitter account, I decided to generate some statistics. This first chart is the number of posts I've made each year.

This next chart shows how many posts I made in each hour of the day over the past six years.

There are some more charts after the jump.

I also broke the hourly chart into per-year.

The chart for 2012 below obviously doesn't contain all of 2012, since this year isn't even done yet.

The most obvious trend is that, due to my Twitter account feeding into Facebook. However, the Twitter dataset will be much larger. Additionally, the 'quiet time' in the morning has been shifting earlier and earlier.

I find it rather strange how the data spans all twenty-four hours, but I guess my sleep schedule shifts around sometimes.

No comments: