Monday, June 16, 2008

Whidbey Island Bus Trip

Well, today was sure an adventure. I took my second bus trip around Whidbey Island ever.

The first bus in the run (532) wa driven by the same guy who drove the 535 I rode to Lynnwood in the mornings during the past couple of quarters at UW. He asked if I was trying to get to Lynnwood, since he recognized me too, but I let him know I wanted Everett. Also, the bus was number 9047.

Once in Everett, I had quite a while to wait, so I went to the cafe in the station building and bought this peach drink/dessert, which I quickly finished as the 412 came. The driver was kind enough to let me wait onboard while it was in layover.

Throughout each route past Everett, the views were amazing. So many trees, open fields, and places where the road was mere feet from the water. I took the 411C, 411W, and 1 to circumnavigate Whidbey Island. The same driver did the 412 and 411C, and let me stay onboard between the routes. The weather was amazing too, with deep blues in the ocean and bright greens everywhere. The bus even passed a black-tailed deer as it ran along the edge of the road.

The ferry from Whidbey Island to Mukilteo is free in that direction, so I was treated to a great boat ride. It seems odd riding in a car ferry as a passenger, since those particular boats don't have the pedestrian bridges.

In Mukilteo, I had a small lunch at Ivar's, which included prawn and fries. Fortunately, the 113 has short headways of only up to twenty minutes. My transfer in Lynnwood to the 121 was even shorter, as I didn't have to go all the way to the transit center.

The trip was a great deal of fun, and very relaxing. Can't wait until the next one.

No comments: