Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why?

Here are some questions I'd like the answer to. By 'everyone', I mean people outside of my family and those who aren't good friends.

  1. Why does everyone ignore me?
  2. Why does everyone try to get rid of me in conversation?
  3. Why am I always left out?
  4. Why does nobody try to include me?
  5. Why did everyone make fun of me when I was younger, and by extension, why isn't it 'cool' to be smart?
  6. Why does nobody ever start conversations with me?
  7. Why do I always have to lead conversations?
  8. Why am I never good enough?

This was more of relieving stress, but it also checks to see if anyone actually reads my blog. I feel a bit better, at least.

2 comments:

The Bus Commando said...

1. Why does everyone ignore me?

Because almost everybody else is thinking of themselves.

2. Why does everyone try to get rid of me in conversation?

Most people watch a lot of television, and are pretty freaked out by just about everything. Friendly people are really scary - don't you watch FOX News?

3. Why am I always left out?

You can't mean that literally.

4. Why does nobody try to include
me?

Do you hang out with illiterates? Try being a leader instead of a follower. You never know what might happen.

5. Why did everyone make fun of me when I was younger, and by extension, why isn't it 'cool' to be smart?

Smart people are intimidating! That'll never change, but now geek is chic... if you have an internet connection and

6. Why does nobody ever start conversations with me?

See #1

7. Why do I always have to lead conversations?

Maybe you're a natural leader and don't even know it.

8. Why am I never good enough?

You can't mean that literally. I'm sure you're capable of tying your shoes or cleaning your room and doing it "good enough."

Besides knowing your own strengths and focusing on them, stay positive. If you have no confidence in your abilities, you won't be able to exercise them to their fullest potential.

Neil E. Hodges said...

3. I'm almost never invited to things, and when I am I'm usually ignored.

8. "Good enough" is relative; you may see that as "good enough," but I don't.

Why is television popular, anyway? I'm hard-pressed to find anything interesting on the majority of channels, especially the ones most people watch.